How do I search for a file in Ubuntu?
- Open the Files application from the Activities overview.
- If you know the files you want are under a particular folder, go to that folder.
- Type a word or words that you know appear in the file name, and they will be shown in the search bar.
How do I search in Ubuntu terminal? If you are running a gnome-terminal (default GUI terminal on ubuntu) you can hit shift+ctrl+f , type your search terms, and hit enter.
How do I find a file in Linux terminal? You can use the find command with -name option followed by the file name that you want to search. You can use the following option if you want to search for a specific file type: f – regular file. d – directory.
How do I locate a file?
- Search from the taskbar: Type the name of a document (or a keyword from it) into the search box on the taskbar.
- Search File Explorer: Open File Explorer from the taskbar or right-click on the Start menu, choose File Explorer, then select a location from the left pane to search or browse.