How do I start samba on Ubuntu?
- Open the terminal.
- Install samba with the following command: sudo apt-get install samba smbfs.
- Configure samba typing: vi /etc/samba/smb.conf.
- Set your workgroup (if necesary).
- Set your share folders.
- Restart samba.
How do I start and stop samba server? To set up a domain member server, you must first join the domain or Active Directory using the net join command before starting the smb service. The restart option is a quick way of stopping and then starting Samba.
Do I need to restart samba after changing smb conf? Restarting samba does not seem to affect the image_storage directory. be sure you want to restart the smb service before using this answer, it will kick connected users. Better to use smbcontrol smbd reload-config if you just want to reload new shares or update config.
How can I check my samba status?
- Start by updating the apt packages index: sudo apt update.
- Install the Samba package with the following command: sudo apt install samba.
- Once the installation is completed, the Samba service will start automatically. To check whether the Samba server is running, type: sudo systemctl status smbd.