How do I unblock a website on Ubuntu?
- Using OpenDNS or Google DNS. OpenDNS can also be used in blocking a website but it is good for unblocking a website if your ISP is blocking access to your favorite sites.
- Using Proxy Server.
- By Editing Hosts File.
- Use VPN.
How do I block websites on Ubuntu? Open a terminal and type sudo nano /etc/hosts . Then at the last line type each website’s domain name you want to block like this: 127.0. 0.1 www.youtube.com 127.0.
How do I allow a website in Ubuntu?
- Create the vhost file: sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/domain2.com # Enter the details for domain2.com as per the example shown above.
- Enable the site and restart Apache: sudo a2ensite domain2.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload.
How do I block a website in Linux?
- Open /etc/hosts. Open terminal and run the following command to open /etc/hosts file in a text editor.
- Block Websites in Linux. Let us say you want to block www.facebook.com on your system, then add the following line to your /etc/hosts file.