How do I uninstall programs on Linux? Find the application that you want to remove by using the search box or by looking through the list of installed applications. Select the application and click Remove. Confirm that you want to remove the application. You will be asked to authenticate by entering your password.
How do I completely remove a package in Linux?
- Using apt remove. To remove a package using ‘remove’ simply type : $ sudo apt remove <package-name>
- Using apt purge. We can very easily remove packages with the ‘purge’ command as such : $ sudo apt purge <package-name>
How do I completely uninstall a program?
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.
How do I Uninstall a program that will not Uninstall?
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for “add or remove programs”
- Click on the search results titled Add or remove programs.
- Find the specific software that you want to uninstall and select it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- After that just follow the onscreen instructions.