How do I update PHP version on Linux server?
- Ensure the php packages for the version you want are installed.
- Update any configuration for that PHP version.
- Update your web server configuration to point to the correct PHP version.
- Point PHP CLI to the correct PHP version.
- Restart your web server and php-fpm.
- Mask the old php-fpm daemon.
How do I update my PHP version? Log into the control panel of your hosting provider. Under, the “Software” tab, click on Select PHP Version. On the next page, you will see the PHP version your web server is using. Now, click on the current PHP version and then select the latest version from the drop-down.
How do I update PHP in Ubuntu terminal? Disable the old PHP module (below I have mentioned php7. 4, you need to use your current php version used by Apache) and enable the new PHP module using the following command. Replace the current enabled PHP version with your version. Restart Apache for the changes to take effect.
How do I safely update PHP? Simply login to your WP Engine dashboard and click on the PHP version next to your website. This will bring up a popup where you can choose to downgrade or upgrade the PHP version for your WordPress website. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Change PHP Version’ button to save your changes.