How do I view a config file in Linux? conf file in Linux, first locate it in the file system. Most often, the dhclient. conf file will be located in the /etc or /etc/DHCP directory. Once you find the file, open it with your favorite command-line editor.
How do I access etc?
- Map a drive to the following path: \ filer C$ filer is the name of your storage system. You have access to the storage system root directory.
- Double-click the /etc folder to access the content.
How do I find my config file? Configuration files are normally saved in the Settings folder inside the My DocumentsSource Insight folder.
How do I edit a config file in Linux?
- Log on to the Linux machine as “root” with a SSH client such as PuTTy.
- Back up the configuration file you would like to edit in /var/tmp with the command “cp”. For example: # cp /etc/iscan/intscan.ini /var/tmp.
- Edit the file with vim: Open the file in vim with the command “vim”.