How do you restart Samba?
- sudo service smbd status.
- sudo service smbd start.
- sudo service smbd stop.
- sudo service smbd restart.
How do I start Samba on Ubuntu?
- Open the terminal.
- Install samba with the following command: sudo apt-get install samba smbfs.
- Configure samba typing: vi /etc/samba/smb.conf.
- Set your workgroup (if necesary).
- Set your share folders.
- Restart samba.
How do I start and stop Samba server? To set up a domain member server, you must first join the domain or Active Directory using the net join command before starting the smb service. The restart option is a quick way of stopping and then starting Samba.
Do I need to restart Samba after changing smb conf? Restarting samba does not seem to affect the image_storage directory. be sure you want to restart the smb service before using this answer, it will kick connected users. Better to use smbcontrol smbd reload-config if you just want to reload new shares or update config.