How do you wipe a Macbook?
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- In the menu bar, choose System Preferences > Erase All Content and Settings.
- In Erase Assistant, enter your administrator information.
- Review items that will be removed in addition to your content and settings.
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Is it good to factory reset your Mac? Before you spend big on a new Mac, though, try a factory reset, which wipes your computer and reinstalls a clean version of macOS. A factory reset is also the best way to prepare your old computer for a new owner to make sure no leftover data falls into the wrong hands.
Does reinstalling macOS delete everything? macOS Reinstallation Deletes Everything, What Can I Do
Reinstalling macOS of macOS Recovery can help you replace the current problematic OS with a clean version quickly and easily. Technically speaking, simply reinstalling macOS won’t erase your disk either delete files.
How do you hard boot a macbook pro? How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.