How install Memcached on Linux?
- Open /etc/memcached. conf in a text editor.
- Locate the -m parameter.
- Change its value to at least 1GB.
- Locate the -l parameter.
- Change its value to 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
- Save your changes to memcached. conf and exit the text editor.
- Restart memcached. service memcached restart.
How do I activate Memcached? Memcached should now be installed as a service on your server, along with tools that will allow you to test its connectivity. To start Memcached, run the following systemctl command: sudo systemctl start memcached.
How do you make Memcached?
- Extract the memcached source package: $> gunzip -c memcached- 1.2.5 .tar.gz | tar xf –
- Change to the memcached- 1.2.5 directory: $> cd memcached- 1.2.5.
- Run configure $> ./configure.
- Run make to build memcached: $> make.
- Run make install to install memcached: $> make install.
How do I know if Memcached is installed Linux? Verify memcached is recognized by the web server
If memcache does not display, restart the web server and refresh the browser page. If it still does not display, verify you installed the php-pecl-memcache extension.