How install tar gz file in Linux?
Check the tar. gz for installation instructions.
- Extract the tar. gz file to a folder on your computer.
- Install the build-essential package on Ubuntu. You can do this in a terminal with the command sudo apt-get install build-essential.
How do I install a tar file in Linux?
- Step 1 :download the . tar file and then move it to the directory where you want to install it.
- Step 2: Extract the . tar file.
- Step 3: Create desktop entry with appropriate permissions. make yourself owner of the extracted repository.
How do you unzip and install Tar gz file in Linux?
bz2) file via Terminal.
- Download the desired .tar.gz or (.tar.bz2) file.
- Open Terminal.
- Extract the .tar.gz or (.tar.bz2) file with the following commands. tar xvzf PACKAGENAME.tar.gz.
- Navigate to the extracted folder using cd command. cd PACKAGENAME.
- Now run the following command to install the tarball. ./configure.
How do I extract a tar gz file in Linux Mint 13?