How would you provide multiple users access to a network device? How would you provide multiple users, each with his or her own username, access to a network device? Answers may vary. You would add each user username and password to the local database via the username command. It is also possible to use a RADIUS or TACACS server, but this has not been covered yet.
What are the detailed steps required to configure network devices with SSH?
- Step 1: Configure device authentication.
- Step 2: Configure the encryption key method.
- Step 3: Configure a local database username.
- Step 4: Enable SSH on the VTY lines.
- Step 5: Save the running configuration to the startup configuration file.
- Step 6: Establish an SSH connection to the router.
How do I secure a network device?
- Limit the IP ranges that can manage network infrastructure. Do your users need direct access to switches or firewalls?
- Use SNMPv3 throughout the network.
- Rotate network device credentials.
- Disable unused network ports.
- Secure SSH on network devices.
Which two protocols can be used to access a Cisco switch for in band management choose two? Explanation: A connection to an operational network interface on the device, and Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access are required for in-band management of Cisco IOS networking devices.