Is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS still supported? Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS reaches the end of its five-year LTS window on April 30th 2019 and will no longer be supported by the vendor (Canonical). This means that this version of Ubuntu will no longer receive security patches or other software updates.
How do I upgrade my 16.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS?
- Run system update & upgrade.
- Check the available latest version.
- Upgrade 16.04 to 18.04 LTS.
- Check your current OS-version.
- Upgrade Ubuntu 16.04 which is now 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- Restart and check the available OS version.
How upgrade Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 offline? Updating or upgrading Ubuntu with internet connection is really very easy. All you have to do it type sudo apt-get update in the terminal. If you use GUI, then the update manager regularly pops-up to notify you about the latest updates available.
How do I upgrade Ubuntu to higher version?
- Launch the software updater. You can find the Software Updater in your application menu.
- Follow the upgrade flow. From this point on, the upgrade UI will guide you through the process.
- Enjoy your shiny new Ubuntu! That’s it!
- (Optional) Upgrading from 20.04 LTS to 22.04 LTS early.