What are different types of files in Linux?
- Readable files.
- Binary files.
- Image files.
- Compressed files and so on.
What are the 4 types of files?
- Portable document format (PDF) A PDF file is a common file type in many work environments.
- Word document (DOC and DOCX)
- Hypertext markup language (HTML and HTM)
- Microsoft excel spreadsheet file (XLS and XLSX)
- Text file (TXT)
What are the 3 types of files? The types of files recognized by the system are either regular, directory, or special. However, the operating system uses many variations of these basic types. All file types recognized by the system fall into one of these categories. However, the operating system uses many variations of these basic types.
What are the 3 types of files in Unix? The seven standard Unix file types are regular, directory, symbolic link, FIFO special, block special, character special, and socket as defined by POSIX.