What are the daemons required for NFS?
- automountd Daemon.
- lockd Daemon.
- mountd Daemon.
- nfs4cbd Daemon.
- nfsd Daemon.
- nfslogd Daemon.
- nfsmapid Daemon.
- statd Daemon.
How do I start NFS daemon on Linux?
- Install the required nfs-utils package if it was not already installed by default.
- Start the NFS services by issuing the following commands: systemctl start rpcbind systemctl start nfs-server.
- Enable the NFS services by issuing the following command: systemctl enable nfs-server.
What is NFS path in Linux? NFS (Network File System) is basically developed for sharing of files and folders between Linux/Unix systems by Sun Microsystems in 1980. It allows you to mount your local file systems over a network and remote hosts to interact with them as they are mounted locally on the same system.
How stop NFS server Linux?
- Start / Stop / Restart portmap Service under RHEL. Type the following commands:
- Start / Stop / Restart NFS Service under RHEL / CentOS Linux. Type the following commands:
- Automatically Start the NFS Server.