What does curl mean in Ubuntu? curl is a command-line utility for transferring data from or to a remote server. With curl , you can download or upload data using one of the supported protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, SCP , SFTP , and FTP . This article explains how to install Curl on Ubuntu 20.04.
Is curl pre installed on Ubuntu? 2 Answers. If an Ubuntu application requires curl, it will list it as a dependency in the package management system, ensuring it is installed automatically when installing that application.
How do I enable curl on Ubuntu server?
- This command installs the PHP CURL. sudo apt-get install php5-curl.
- This command starts with the Apache server. sudo service apache2 restart.
How do I install curl with apt-get?
- Enter to the computer’s terminal.
- Run the command below in the terminal: sudo apt-get install curl.
- If a password is required after ran the command, please enter your computers’ user password to continue. Then, wait until the installation finishes.