What is CIFS utils Ubuntu? What is cifs-utils. The SMB/CIFS protocol provides support for cross-platform file sharing with Microsoft Windows, OS X, and other Unix systems. . This package provides utilities for managing mounts of CIFS network file systems.
How do I mount a CIFS file system in Linux?
- Install CIFS Client For Linux.
- Mount Windows SMB Share.
- List Mounted Windows Shares.
- Provide Password To Mount Windows Share.
- Set Domain Name or WorkGroup Name.
- Read Credentials From File.
- Specify the Access Permissions.
- Specify User and Group ID.
How do I mount a share in Ubuntu?
- Step 1: Install the CIFS Utils pkg. sudo apt-get install cifs-utils.
- Step 2: Create a mount point. sudo mkdir /mnt/local_share.
- Step 3: Mount the volume. sudo mount -t cifs //<vpsa_ip_address>/<export_share> /mnt/<local_share> You can get the vpsa_ip_address/export_share from your VPSA GUI.
Can CIFS be used on Linux? Common Internet File System (CIFS), an implementation of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol, is used to share file systems, printers, or serial ports over a network. Notably, CIFS allows sharing files between Linux and Windows platforms regardless of version.