What is LDAP user ID? User ID Attribute: LDAP user ID attribute is the login attribute that uniquely identifies a single user record. The value of this attribute should match the username used at the login prompt. Administrator Bind Settings. Administrator bind requires administrator access to the LDAP server(s).
Where is LDAP configuration in Linux?
- Log in to the Linux shell using SSH.
- Issue the LDAP testing command, supplying the information for the LDAP server you configured, as in this example:
- Supply the LDAP password when prompted.
- If the connection works, you can see a confirmation message.
How do I check my LDAP?
- Click System > System Security.
- Click Test LDAP authentication settings.
- Test the LDAP user name search filter.
- Test the LDAP group name search filter.
- Test the LDAP membership (user name) to make sure that the query syntax is correct and that LDAP user group role inheritance works properly.
How do I know if LDAP is enabled Linux?
- To check if LDAP server is running and listening on the SSL port, run the nldap -s command.
- To check if LDAP server is running and listening on the TCL port, run the nldap -c command.