What is SEP in Linux? SEP for Linux is only a file system antivirus and anti-spyware solution.
How install Sep Linux?
- Open terminal and change directory to tmp. cd /tmp.
- Unzip installer to a folder called ‘sep’ sudo unzip -d sep SymantecEndpointProtection.zip.
- Change directory to the extracted folder. cd sep.
- Grant permissions to install.sh and pkg.sig (R+W+X)
- Run the installer.
- Verify SEP is installed successfully.
Does Symantec support Linux? Linux Agent or the Symantec Single Agent for Linux. Last Updated July 26, 2022. You install the SEP Linux Agent and the Symantec Single Agent for Linux the same way.
How install Symantec AV on Linux? Use the built-in script to install Symantec Endpoint Protection with the following command: sudo ./install.sh -i Enter your password if prompted. The installation completes when the command prompt returns. You do not have to restart the computer to complete the installation.