What is user database in SQL? The scope of a user is the database. To connect to a specific database on the instance of SQL Server, a login must be mapped to a database user.
What are different types of database users?
- Database Administrator (DBA) :
- Naive / Parametric End Users :
- System Analyst :
- Sophisticated Users :
- Data Base Designers :
- Application Program :
- Casual Users / Temporary Users :
How do I create a user database?
- Connect to SQL Server then expand the Databases folder from the Object Explorer.
- Identify the database for which you need to create the user and expand it.
- Expand its Security folder.
- Right-click the Users folder then choose “New User…”
What is difference between user and database? Once the user is created, an administrator can grant privileges to the user, which will enable it to create tables, execute select queries, insert , and everything else. The database is the thing that contains all the users you’ve created, and their data (and a bunch of predefined system users, tables, views, etc.