What to do after installing Debian?
- Enable sudo on your user account (if you use Debian) Open a terminal and become superuser: su root .
- Keep Debian or Ubuntu up to date.
- Install additional software.
- Install non-free drivers.
- Install non-free software.
- Customize the look of your desktop.
What can I do on Debian?
- Fix CD-ROM error.
- Add contrib and non-free repos.
- Install Drivers. Nvidia. AMD.
- Install microcode.
- Install build-essential.
- Install restricted-extras.
- Microsoft Fonts Compatibility.
- Configure Swappiness.
Is Debian harder to use than Ubuntu? Ubuntu is built on Debian, it just has additional packages and configurations to make it more end-user friendly. By definition and intention, Ubuntu is easier to use than Debian. Therefore, Debian will be less easy to use than Ubuntu.
Is Debian beginner friendly? Debian is a good option if you want a stable environment, but Ubuntu is more up-to-date and desktop-focused. Arch Linux forces you to get your hands dirty, and it’s a good Linux distribution to try if you really want to learn how everything works… because you have to configure everything yourself.