Why internet is not working in Ubuntu? Troubleshooting Steps
Check that your wireless adapter is enabled and that Ubuntu recognizes it: see Device Recognition and Operation. Check if drivers are available for your wireless adapter; install them and check them: see Device Drivers. Check your connection to the Internet: see Wireless Connections.
How do I connect my Ubuntu 18.04 to the Internet?
- Open the system menu from the right side of the top bar.
- Select Wi-Fi Not Connected.
- Click Select Network.
- Click the name of the network you want, then click Connect.
- If the network is protected by a password (encryption key), enter the password when prompted and click Connect.
How do I resolve an internet connection in Ubuntu? Right-click the NetworkManager icon in the system tray and check Enable Networking. All network adapters will be reenabled. If it was successful the system can attach to the local network, and get an IP address as indicated by the NetworkManager applet. Your issue should be resolved.
How do I fix no internet options?
- Confirm other devices can’t connect.
- Reboot your PC.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- Disable any VPN connections.
- Run the Windows network troubleshooter.
- Check your IP address settings.
- Check your ISP’s status.
- Try a few Command Prompt commands.