Why is my UFW status inactive? Ufw should already be installed on your Ubuntu 22.04 system, but if your firewall status says inactive , that means ufw is turned off and currently not enforcing any rules.
How do I fix inactive UFW status?
- First, check your current UFW status: $ sudo ufw status Status: inactive.
- Activate UFW: $ sudo ufw enable Firewall is active and enabled on system startup.
- (optional) Check UFW status: $ sudo ufw status Status: active.
How do I make UFW active in Ubuntu?
- Open the terminal application.
- For remote server login using the ssh command.
- Next, gain a root shell on Ubuntu box:
- Before we enable ufw, open, and allow access to our ssh port, we don’t want to be locked out:
What is sudo UFW status? The ufw status option helps us see the current state of UFW, the application. If UFW is active, the UFW status shows a list of rules. Of course, you get to run the command only as the root user or by prefixing your command with sudo, if you have sufficient privileges.