How do I change the MTU value in Linux?
- Open Terminal.
- Type the command below and hit enter. ping -c 3 -M do –s 1500 google.com.
- Start increasing the MTU value with small increments after you get a successful reply.
- This number is your MTU value.
How do I find the MTU size in Linux? check MTU size with ifconfig Command in Linux
The best way to check MTU size in Linux is using the ifconfig command. Open the terminal and run ifconfig interface name |grep mtu. This command will list the configuration of a network interface including MTU size.
How do I change my MTU value?
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin.
- Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
- In the MTU Size field, enter a value from 64 to 1500.
- Click the Apply button.
What MTU Linux? Answer. Maximum transmission unit (MTU) determines the maximum payload size of a packet that is sent. The default standard value is 1500 bytes. However, you can increase the payload size of the packet, which allows you to send more data and increase the data transfer rates.