How do I restart my GUI?
- Press CTRL-ALT-Backspace.
- (If Graphical Desktop automatically starts) Open a terminal, type ‘init 3’.
- (If Graphical Desktop is started manually) Log out of your environment.
How do I restart Ubuntu desktop? While logged in to your GNOME desktop press ALT + F2 key combination. Into the Enter a Command box type r and press Enter. Another alternative to do the GUI restart trick might be the most obvious to simply re-login. In this scenario we simply restart the gnome-shell as non-privileged user.
How do I start Ubuntu in GUI mode?
- Step 1: Log into Ubuntu Server.
- Step 2: Update & upgrade apt-get packages.
- Step 1: Install Tasksel.
- Step 2: Install Desktop Environment.
- Step 3: Install multiple GUIs.
- Step 4: Reboot.
How do I restart my Gnome desktop? Gnome Shell has a built-in restart function.
The only downside is that this doesn’t work with wayland, so we have to use “Xorg” for it to work. To restart the Gnome Shell session while everything is frozen, we will start pressing the key combination Alt + F2.